Total Time : Prep/Total Time : 20 min.
Makes : 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Optional: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sliced onion, cooked bacon strips, ketchup and mustard
- Combine first 5 ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties. Grill burgers, covered, on an oiled rack over medium direct heat until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, about 6 minutes on each side.
- During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with 2 triangles American cheese and 1 triangle Swiss cheese. Serve on buns. As desired, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup and mustard.
Nutrition Facts :
1 hamburger: 432 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Enjoy your meal.